Saturday, November 01, 2008

LIANZA Day 1

Arrived at the airport bang on time, although last in the check-in queue. Major dramas with a Chinese tour group in front of me, visas in different name to passports and only one in the group spoke English so the staff and group were all pretty stressed. Stood in the queue for an hour and only checked in at 7pm for a 7.30 flight!
Tom waited with me and was amazingly uptight (for him) I remained uncharacteristically cool and calm, saying if they bumped me off the flight I would just go home. I don’t know what came over me?! Sailed through customs no dramas and the plane headed off with only a slight delay. Unfortunately the delay at Melbourne plus some bad weather in transit meant we arrived approx 30mins late, by the time I got to the hotel it was about 3am Auckland time. Made a cuppa, watch a bit of telly and nodded off. Still unsure why I could not get my blackberry to message Tom!

0 comments: