Friday, November 21, 2008

Closing in on the official announcement

Only a few more sleeps to go. I'm hanging out to tell everyone and have come up with a sneaky plan to get people excited in the lead up.
Currently our staff are undertaking the webolution, an "in house" adaption of the State Library's 23 things Web 2.0 training. We are all blogging and supporting each other through our 9 activity program.
I have decided with 5 more sleeps to go that I will post clues on my blog. The clues are obscure enough not to give it away but will get them close enough to feel satisfied when the announcement comes.
We talked about "shameless self promotion" in our recent FISH workshop, I hope that everyone will get on board and the positive energy will be shared. I really hope that news of the scholarship gets our staff talking about our service and what we do/have compared to other library services, obviously it is exciting for me personally but how it impacts on my colleagues is equally important to me.
I think the award will raise the profile of Hobsons Bay, which will hopefully bring enough fun our way for everyone to share!!

0 comments: