Friday, February 05, 2010

Footscray Library

At Footscray today for the Operations Network meeting, despite being just 20mins away I have never been here before.




A nice busy library, with a clear layout and good signage. An open layout up front with book stacks at the rear. Shelving was a little high at the rear not the best accessibility wise but I assume this was done to free up open space at the front, the right balance of this is often necessary for those undertaking refurbs not everyone has the luxury of a new build or additional floor space, it is about identifying creative ways to achieve that.


Really cute Children's area but I'm not sure it would allow for a large/growing group.


I loved the door to the "car manuals" section, I thought it was a fantastic way to incorporate interactive art into the library (similar to the portholes at Albury see 2009 post)

...until I realised it was actually locked (LIBRARY POLICE) I guess if you have to lock off a section this is the way to do it. Really funky!

0 comments: