Thursday, April 02, 2009

SLV Presentation


Today I gave my first official presentation relating to the scholarship. Pretty intimidating in the SLV in front of almost 200 people but I think I did OK for a first timer.

The last time I presented in front of such a large crowd was when I was roped into attending a school assembly to present some summer read certificates.

I was encouraged by the fact that the 3 speakers before me covered some of the same themes so I was confident that I wasn't saying anything too outrageous that would get me into trouble.

During the first presentation Beck from Frankston accidentally knocked her glass of water all over my shoes, as we were in the front row we couldn't jump up to do anything about it so we just sat there sniggering like school girls.

After that the most I was worried about was that I would slip over in my squelchy shoes so the accident was a great ice-breaker really.

Khanh & Maria did a wonderful job as my cheer squad!

I was really enthused by some of the presentations and am now doubly excited about visiting Brisbane.

0 comments: