Friday, April 03, 2009

Postie delivery

The postie delivered my ALIA membership today.

Since attending Dreaming08 in Alice Springs I have been thinking about joining ALIA and last week, when stewing on finishing my presentation, I decided to do it.

Today the paperwork and funky little pin arrived, I added it to the badges on my work lanyard.

The pack included the last 2 copies of inCite which I hadn't had a good look at yet. The Jan/Feb edition (p23) contains Alli's article about our Hot Rod event at Altona Library YAY! and the March edition (p16) contains an article about Casuarina, Darwin City Council's largest library.
I had been looking for a potential visit that was somewhere other than the east coast and this it! Casuarina is a refurb rather than a new build and contains both self serve and collection grouped in themed "living rooms".
http://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/aboutdarwin/news/documents/CasLibOpen_000.pdf
Can't wait to see it, I will have to contact them next week.

0 comments: