Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whoops...A first for me

For those interested in my pics of Gold Coast Libraries I apologise but the have been removed pending approval from GCCC. I apologise to my readers and to Gold Coast who feel I mis-represented myself.

I did tell them that I had a new library opening (which I do - next week) and in a more extended discussion did tell one staff member that I was completing a research study regarding layout, the introduction of self serve technology and the impact on customer service (which I am - hence this blog)

This is the first time I have been asked to remove photos in 18months but am happy to seek approval through the appropriate channels.

I would like to ensure all those libraries appearing on my blog that although I always point out both good and bad aspects of a library, it is merely to draw out thought and discussion. I have a passion for the ongoing development of public libraries and a respect for those working in the industry.

The photos contained no customers or staff, just signage, layout and furniture/shelving so I hope that I will gain approval to return them soon. Stay posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to read your post on Gold Coast have you got approval for the photos yet?

LibraryJo said...

Apologies no, GCCC declined my request. If you are interested in a particular angle i.e. layout, shelving, other furniture please email me and I will see what pics I have from all my visits (approx 25 locations over 18 months)